Healthy Living in Roseville CA
Roseville is a very healthy city, in my humble opinion. We enjoy so many walking trails throughout our lovely area, including many in Sun City Roseville.
We have over 72 parks to make it fun to exercise with kids and grandkids in the City of Roseville. We even have fun playgrounds at shopping centers and churches!
Healthy living boomers and seniors abound in AND out of Sun City Roseville. Healthy eating lifestyle information can be found in just about every grocery store in town, including plenty of health food stores and healthy food stores. And there are many healthy eating restaurants all around. Not to mention plenty of doctors’ offices, medical centers, and hospitals here in Roseville CA and the surrounding Sacramento area.
- 1 Healthy Living in Roseville CA
- 2 Roseville Gyms with Child Care?
- 3 Walking Works Best for Me
- 4 NordickTrack Treadmill for Senior Mom
- 5 Seeking Healthy Answers
- 6 Smiles for Parents & Grandparents
- 7 Roseville Gyms Child Care Options
- 8 Research Gyms
- 9 Gyms With Classes Near Me The Best?
- 10 Have FUN and STAY HEALTHY!
Roseville Gyms with Child Care?
Of course, gyms and fitness centers are another great healthy living option. When one of the readers of a community Facebook page I work on asked me if there were any “gyms with classes near me that also include child care,” I was pretty sure the answer would be a resounding YES. After all, I would think gyms child care options would be a major draw. However, I honestly didn’t know.
Walking Works Best for Me
As long-time readers of my blogs know, I am a walker. It works well for me in between writing, real estate, caregiving, grandkid & granddog sitting, etc. My grandbaby (don’t you love his cute toes 🙂 ) loves it! (He usually snoozes) And you’d be amazed at how much work I can get done while walking – while having fun all the way. 🙂
NordickTrack Treadmill for Senior Mom
I learned the joys of walking from my senior mom. She walked along city streets as long as she could. Then she took advantage of a NordickTrack treadmills sale to buy one. For a couple years, she enjoyed walking on her NordickTrack treadmill in her living room and loved it.
Seeking Healthy Answers
So as you can see, I don’t do gyms now, though have in the past and loved them. However, with a brand new grandbaby in the family, I knew that gyms child care options would be an interesting topic online AND off so I posted it on my Facebook pages, like @RosevilleCaliforniaJoys, as well as a neighborhood group page and got some GREAT answers.
Smiles for Parents & Grandparents
Sure enough, there ARE several fitness centers and gyms child care options for moms and dads, grandmas and grandpas who are wondering how to exercise with kids or grandkids still at home.
Roseville Gyms Child Care Options
- Fitness MD – many readers shared this one! One neighbor wrote, “It has Style/boot camp Classes. They have classes as early as 5 a.m. And as late as 8 pm. They also have childcare.” According to another neighbor, “My boys (when they were younger) loved going there.” (916) 780-5507. Their Facebook page has 179 reviews with a 4.8 out of 5 rating. Yelp reviews too! 10015 Foothills Blvd, Suite 130 • Roseville, CA 95747 Childcare hours are listed on their website. And check out this recommendation from yet another happy neighbor, “Fitness MD is amazing. They even have a free three day pass that you can try out before you join. There is a different class every day! They are located at Blue Oaks and Foothills Blvd.”
- Cal Fit Roseville – also known at California Family Fitness. They put their kidcare classes front and center on their front page, “An engaging Kidz Klub childcare program” AND have one page full of info about childcare including different ways of paying and how to save money on it as well as a second page with the Roseville schedule. 🙂 One of our neighbors commented, “add kids on unlimited; very clean gyms.” They even have a swimming pool! My grandkids would LOVE that! 🙂 Yelp reviews.
- Johnson’s Ranch Racquet Club – a delightful option in East Roseville at 2501 and 2600 Eureka Road, Roseville, California 95661, (916) 782-2600. They offer a fully supervised play center for members’ kids under 7 as well as a Kids Club for member’s kids 7 and above. Yelp reviews.
- Kaia Fit – per their site, “a woman’s fitness club created by women for women. More than just a exercise program, we offer enlightened nutritional support too.” They have a location in Roseville at 328 Blue Oaks Blvd, Suite 150, Roseville, California 95747. 916-542-2122. “The Roseville location offers childcare!” Yelp reviews.
- Crunch Gym in Rocklin does offer childcare for kids 1 year and older. 6683 Lonetree Blvd., Rocklin, CA – 916.259.1599. Yelp Reviews.
Please note – I purposely did NOT ask for prices or how the gyms child care worked. Those details can be changed with little or no notice so it’s always best to talk directly to the staff. 😉
Be sure to do some homework before joining any gym. They all have different rules, requirements, prices, and ways of doing things. Also, I would be sure to research them with the Better Business Bureau, Yelp, asking friends in Facebook groups, etc.
There was one gym that was recommended that I did not add. When I looked them up, I found numerous complaints that involved billing and payments. So always always do your homework.
You might also check with our Roseville police department to see if they’ve had any complaints. You can call their non-emergency line at (916) 774-5000.
Gyms With Classes Near Me The Best?
Fitness Centers and gyms child care and youth options can be a lot of fun. When my kids were younger, we used to belong to a gym we loved (no longer around, I’m afraid). It was fairly close but it wasn’t the closest. However it offered activities we all loved.
We played racquetball, swam in the pool, and used it often. When you use it regularly, it’s a great deal and wonderful addition to any healthy living program. As they got older, we went there less and less. When you do NOT use it, it’s NOT such a great deal! So be sure to think through all they offer and what your schedules are.
Have FUN and STAY HEALTHY!
And most importantly? HAVE FUN while enjoying a healthy living lifestyle! 🙂