Living in Roseville CA at Thanksgiving time can often mean a warm sunshiny day, perfect for all kinds of fun activities on and around Thanksgiving. The chance of snow in Roseville at any time, and particularly on Thanksgiving Day, is remote. Even fog and rain are rare.
That means the annual Roseville California Thanksgiving Turkey Trot will most likely go off without a hitch. “What’s the Thanksgiving Turkey Trot?” you ask. It’s a fun 10k/5k walk/run/trot in the city of Roseville on Thanksgiving morning.A terrific way to burn off some calories BEFORE you go add a ton of yummy calories at a Thanksgiving dinner.
It starts and finishes at the Vernon Street Town Square in Downtown Roseville (which is the original Roseville and is located between Cherry Glen Theiles Manor and Folsom Neighborhood Associations). This run is over but I’m guessing it will be back next Thanksgiving and I’m already looking forward to it. 😉
Roseville Weather in November
I love the crisp smells and crunchy leaves at Thanksgiving, don’t you? Having spent many Thanksgivings in other states where the autumn colors may be more vibrant but don’t last as long due to weather issues, I doubly appreciate the great weather and the (in my mind, anyway) longer season of autumn we get to enjoy! Of course there are always exceptions to the rule and this is a late Thanksgiving. According to Weather.com – the average temperatures in Roseville CA for November 27 is
And the record in Roseville for November 27 is:
Hmmmmm, with the drought I wouldn’t think we’d see snow even if it DID get down to that 32 degree temp, but I know some grandchildren who would be thrilled! 🙂
Thanksgiving Fun for Kids and Grandkids
Speaking of grandchildren – one of the things I’ve always enjoyed doing with my grandkids for Thanksgiving is making coloring pages and place cards for the Thanksgiving dinner table. Here are some to share with them AND with you!
If you’d like more free printables and Thanksgiving craft and home decor ideas:
- My Free Thanksgiving Placecards 2014
- Free Vintage Thanksgiving Clip Art from The Graphics Fairy
- Free and Adorable Thanksgiving Printables including tags and place cards
- Fun Thanksgiving craft and coloring set for kids and grandkids
- Fall and Thanksgiving gift tags
Thanksgiving Activities in and Around Roseville (Christmas, too 🙂 )
I have a confession to make. Our family is very divided over one aspect of Thanksgiving and Christmas and the holiday season in general. I love Christmas carols. Some years I feel like listening to them as early as July. Other years, like this one, I wait until 2-3 weeks before Thanksgiving. Some of my kids and grandkids follow that mode. Others are very definite and definitive – NO CHRISTMAS MUSIC OR HOME DECOR til the day after (or occasionally the evening of) Thanksgiving. Then it’s all Christmas all the time. It’s all in good fun, of course – most of the time, anyway. 😛 If you prefer your Christmas topics to begin after Thanksgiving, skip to the last paragraph for now and come back on the 28th (tho I have to warn you, you’ll miss some fun November activities). For the rest of us, here are some of the upcoming Christmas activities to enjoy and make delightful holiday memories in and around Roseville CA to make sure they get on your calendar in plenty of time. 🙂
- Ice Skating right here and right now in Roseville CA!!! At the Westfield Galleria Roseville CA! In the Promenade! Til January 19, 2015!!!! And tomorrow, 11/7/14, there is a FROZEN Skate party and glow night there! I know how much my own grandkids love that movie and would love this. How about your kids and grandkids? 🙂
- 53rd Annual Sylvia Besana Holiday Parade (10 am) and Craft Fair (opens at 9 am) Saturday November 22 – click here for details.
- Santa arrives in Roseville California – Enjoy a full week of CHRISTMAS FUN in and around Downtown Roseville starting December 1 with Santa’s arrival.
- Santa in the Park – hosted by RCONA (Roseville Coalition of Neighborhood Associations) – Saturday, December 13, 2014 at the Roseville, CA Sports Center at Mahany Park from 1- 5 p.m. (free)
- Santa may be cruising your neighborhood in December on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Thursdays from December 8-18. I still remember the sparkle in my teens eyes the first time the fire truck carrying Santa came cruising down our neighborhood street. And the little ones – huge star-spangled smiles galore! And this much-beloved Roseville tradition is returning. Dates/routes to be announced mid-November. 🙂
- Many ways to share the joy of Christmas with those in need – and teach our kids & grandkids the sweet joy of giving
- Christmas Music With Jackie Velasquez in Citrus Heights, CA
- Women’s Christmas Event with Nichole Nordeman – December 12 or 13.
- Old Sacramento always has fun and interesting happenings throughout the year. For the Christmas holidays they are presenting the Theater of Lights (free) from November 26-December 31 (check for actual days and times by clicking here) and on New Year’s Eve, you can enjoy a New Year’s Eve Sky Spectacular with fireworks over the Sacramento River and Tower Bridge plus other fun events!
- The Fountains in Roseville CA is going Victorian for Christmas this year. The holiday fun begins November 22 with Santa and “Ring in the Holidays.” There are also Cinderella Carriage rides on various days in November and December along with Victorian carolers weekly in December (varying dates/times). Be sure to click here to get the events schedule. 🙂
- Placer County, CA has a great holiday events calendar. Be sure to check it out as well.
- And here’s a great list of events including many Christmas events in the greater Sacramento CA area from Mix96.
WOW! That is one long round up of Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday events in the Roseville Sacramento CA area and I have a feeling there are plenty more. Be sure to pop over to my Roseville California Joys Facebook page and be sure to LIKE IT as I’ll add more updates there as I find them. 🙂
I am very grateful for so many blessings, including the joys of sharing Thanksgiving (and a bit of Christmas) with each of you! Have a blessed and beautiful and fun Thanksgiving in Roseville CA.