We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Fun Things Do Roseville CA Keep On Coming!
No matter what the season, there are always many fun things to do in Roseville CA! That’s especially important to know when summer is starting and kids are getting out of school. It’s also vital during Christmas and Easter breaks. And it’s pretty important for weekends, weekdays, just about any time of the year! I thought I’d share a list of some of my fave and fun things to do in and around Roseville CA for all ages.
Way MORE Than 19 Fun Things To Do in Roseville
- Enjoy growing flowers like roses, trim them as needed, and exult at how great they grow here.
- Plant a vegetable garden! I’m already looking forward to eating one of my senior mom’s tasty tomatoes that she grows so easily here.
- In the car? Turn on the radio! We have so many more choices for radio stations here than many areas do, whether it’s news, music (we have THREE of my personal fave-Christian music), and more.
- Swimming and playing fun. Whether you have your own pool (like the house below does) or head to one of the over 72 parks in Roseville CA that my grandkids and I thoroughly enjoy, with various great options like pools, playgrounds, sports, fields, and more, we can have so much fun all year round including some hot fun in the summertime. 🙂
- Enjoy exercising on the many lovely walking trails
- Spend time meandering by one of the lovely creeks and listening to the birds, ducks, etc.
- Link up to a fun golf game. Whether you decide to play miniature golf with the kids and grandkids at Golfland-Sunsplash or get together with fellow golf-enthusiast friends we have such great golf courses in Roseville.
- Enjoy getting to know more neighbors at a Neighborhood Association meeting or fun city activity like Movies in the Park.
- Have fun with real and model train things to do in and around Roseville CA. My grandkids love to see both kinds and we have them in abundance. From the trainyards in Downtown Roseville, to the tracks that criss cross through, Railfans love to come and take photos. And the Model Train club meets at the Placer County Fairgrounds on a regular basis.
- Prefer sewing needles to railroad tracks? There are also several quilting guilds all around the Roseville, Sacramento area with great opportunities to make friends of kindred spirits and have fun sewing away on a lovely quilt.
- Enjoy seasonal and holiday FUN things to do in and around Roseville CA! With all the great activities that happen through the year in Roseville, from parades to fun runs to carriage rides to farmers markets to movies in the park to food truck Thursdays to fireworks and so much more, there’s generally SOMETHING going on during the week that’s fun for you and for your family.
- Shop – till you drop! Being a bit of a bookworm, I really love the book stores, as well as checking out Kohls, Penney’s and Macy’s great sales! Don’t forget the specialty locally-owned shops here as well! Some great ones including wedding shops, consignment stores, florist shops, and more! There are even plenty of thrift stores here too – great for our budgets!
- Head for the well-stocked grocery stores – yummy tri-tip from Raley’s and delicious spiral-cut ham from Walmart are almost always on my list among many other tasty treats.
- Speaking of eating – don’t you LOVE the varied restaurant choices in Roseville, including many offering healthy options. Some of my fave things to do in and around Roseville include eating out at yumm places like El Azteca, Mimi’s Cafe, Del Taco (my fave is their green burrito with the addition of lettuce and tomato!!!!), Panda Express (I REALLY appreciate their drive-through on Foothills), Chipotle, In-n-Out, Plutos and Panera for salads, Il Fornaio, and so many many more.
- Enjoying your retirement years or helping your sweet senior parents? Check out the fun options at one of the many senior-specific activities in Roseville. Whether it’s the library’s senior center, the lovely Sun City roseville golf course x 2 (Timber Creek golf course AND Sierra Pines golf course), not to mention their other great options for Sun City residents, the many activity choices for the 55+ residents at Del Webb-The Club at Westpark or the Silverado homes at Eskaton Village Roseville, a charming French Village patio retirement home community, or another organization, there are many great things happening in Roseville that provide great activities and resources for our beloved Senior Citizens. Hmmmm. Bocce or Pickleball anyone? How about computer classes for seniors?
- Attend a local vacation Bible school or other kids camp – the kids and grandkids will have a great time and they ALL can probably use volunteers. Not only that. If you have older kids or grandkids still looking for things to do in and around Roseville who couldn’t find job, help them check out the many opportunities in the area for volunteer work. Besides checking with your church and helping with more than one summer camp as a volunteer, look elsewhere as well. The park and recreation department has a class in volunteering – which can later lead to a great job. And for that matter – if YOU are looking for volunteer options, I’m pretty sure any of the school can use good volunteers and it’s a fun way to help our city’s youth. Plus the City of Roseville has a spot on their website showing the many interesting ways you can volunteer for the city and make new friends. That page also lists other non-profit organizations looking for volunteers.
- Fun things to do in Roseville CA includes getting social online. We can find plenty of great Roseville resources and folks online to chat with, give suggestions of activities, help us find something interesting, etc. The City of Roseville is great at being active online socially as well as with emergency alerts. You can find a list of most of their links at their website. Facebook has several Good Neighbor groups – some for buying and selling, some for just chatting. I shared about some of them, along with tips for finding them, in my post on Tips for Finding Lost Dogs and Other Sweet Pets. Next Door is another useful option for your more immediate area. The City and the Police Dept. are on there as well (though in an emergency ALWAYS CALL 911 FIRST AND FOREMOST. 😉 ).
- Attend a local performance – music, dancing, acting, and more all through the year – and you might even know some of the performers. I periodically add performances I spot to my Facebook page and my Facebook Group Page – RosevilleCaliforniaJoys, as well as my Things To Do in and Around Roseville and Sacramento Area board on Pinterest.
- More fun things do Roseville CA include having fun with arts and crafts whether on your own with recycled treasurers, a craft kit from a hobby store like Michael’s or Hobby Lobby, or taking a craft class through the Parks and Recreation. It’s great fun and leads to terrific memories.
- And, of course, check my Facebook page – RosevilleCaliforniaJoys and Facebook group page – RosevilleCaliforniaJoys Group – daily as you can find more fun and interesting things to do in and around Roseville and the surrounding Sacramento area there.
Definitely Many Fun Things to Do in Roseville CA
As you can see, many of these 19 things to do in and around Roseville CA actually have more than one thing suggested. There’s definitely plenty to see and and many fun things to do in Roseville as well as the greater Sacramento Valley area! Very cool, don’t you think?
P.S. Roseville CA Joys Newsletter Updates.
Get up-to-date news & tips about homes, home decor, and fun activities in and around Roseville CA and the surrounding area. 🙂