Christmas 2016 Music And Other Joys
Celebrate Christmas 2016
This popular event features performances from Jessup Music’s great performance groups including the University Choir & Orchestra, Jessup Concert Choir, & the Crossroads performance small groups. For ticket prices and more info, CLICK HERE, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-577-8093.
This is a free interactive family event. “IMAGINE BETHLEHEM…two thousand years ago. Register for the census. Walk the crowded streets. Visit the marketplace. Touch the animals. Beware of the Roman soldiers. Keep your eyes and ears open…TONIGHT A KING IS BORN, Friday – Sunday on Dec 2 – 4, 6-8:30 pm (weather permitting). Sunrise Community Church, 8321 Greenback Lane, Fair Oaks, CA 95628, (916) 726-4642 CLICK HERE for more details.
The Colla Voce Children’s Chorus will share 45 minutes of participatory Christmas music designed especially for children. Young and old will enjoy jingle bells, singing, candy canes, and a special visit from Santa! They are also asking us to bring donations of non-perishable food for the Auburn Interfaith Food Closet, which helps provide food for community members in need. What a thoughtful idea! Tickets are $1 for children and $5 for adults. (When you click on the link, you’ll also find other musical offerings this month from Colla Voce. 🙂 )
A Night in Bethlehem
“Come start your Jesus-filled holiday season with us for A Night in Bethlehem…. Amidst the backdrop of Christmas music and period costumes, come experience what it might have been like on the night of Jesus’ birth. Enjoy lively music, delicious treats, a petting zoo, fun crafts, great games, and even get family photos.” This delightful interactive experience is at Centerpoint Community Church, 515 Sunrise Ave, Roseville CA on Dec. 4 from 6:30-8pm. Call 916-782-3186 for more information.
Drive-thru Christmas lights for the whole community! Enjoy whimsical Christmas lights, character settings, festive scenes, and a nativity scene! This exciting new Christmas event is at Adventure Christian Church from Monday, Dec 5 – Sun Jan 1 from 6:30-10pm each night. This is something special for the whole family. It’s a special blessing for the very young and very old. I’m excited I can take my senior mom as I’m assuming she can stay in the car for the whole adventure. CLICK HERE and scroll down to #2 for more info or to “get your spot in line.” The description states “Join us for our first ever drive-thru light show that is sure to delight the entire family. Enjoy over one mile of Christmas light displays and tasty holiday drinks at the Bayside Cafe on the Adventure campus. Drive up spots available each night, or reserve a spot in line by clicking the link – “Get your spot in line” – below. (One caveat – I’m typing this on Tuesday, 11/29/16, in the morning and when you click on “GET YOUR SPOT IN LINE,” it currently says “This event is currently unavailable.” I’m assuming that will start working the day of, or perhaps a few days before? If I find out for sure, I’ll update this page. 🙂 )
Tuesday, December 06, 2016 from 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM at the Placer High School Theatre, 275 Orange Street, Auburn, CA 95603. Doesn’t this description sound delightful? “Warm up with traditional carols, and then sing the choruses – or just listen – as our stellar vocalists return to join us for a beloved Auburn tradition–featuring your vocal talents as the main attraction!” Ticket prices range from $10-$20. Here’s a lovely video FROM LAST YEAR (so ignore the dates but enjoy the music 😉 ):
This holiday treat from Auburn’s chapter of the Sweet Adelines is performing at Crossroads Church South Campus, 1101 Auburn Ravine Road, Auburn, CA on December 10, 2-4:30. Ticket prices range from $10-$20. CLICK HERE for more info.
Christmas 2016 Candlelight Services on Christmas Eve
- Bayside Blue Oaks – 10000 Alantown Dr, Roseville, CA 95678 – 12/23 at 7pm and 12/24 at 4:30 and 8:30 pm. The 4:30 service is special for all ages with a focus on the little ones. In fact, they write, “join us 30 minutes prior to service (4:00pm) for Jingle Jam in the Park – Christmas fun for the whole family! Children’s Ministry is available for this service.” Tickets are NOT required for any of these services, but they give you early entry into the service. Tickets are free and easy to get via EventBrite (I know, because I just got mine 😉 ) – just CLICK HERE to get them.
- Adventure Christian Church – 6401 Stanford Ranch Rd, Roseville, CA 95678 – 12/24 at 2:30pm and 6:30pm. They may be offering tickets as well in a few days. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Bayside Granite Bay– see above or CLICK HERE for more details.
- BEHOLD: Christmas at Bridgeway Christian Church, 8150 Industrial Avenue, Bldg. A, Roseville CA at 12/23 6 pm and 7:30 pm; 12/24 3pm, 4:30 pm, and 6pm; and 12/25 10 am – CLICK HERE for more info.
- Life Community Church – 10020 Foothills Blvd., Roseville CA 95747 – 12/24 – 3pm Family Service, 5pm Candlelight Service, 7pm Candlelight Service.
Christmas 2016 Joys Abound
Yes, there are so many opportunities to enjoy Christmas music, lights (more on those to come), interactive adventures, and other sweet joys. What’s your favorite? We’d love to hear! Either here or at Facebook on our page or our group. 🙂
Table of contents
- 1 Christmas 2016 Music And Other Joys
- 1.1 Celebrate Christmas 2016
- 1.2 Bethlehem Village
- 1.3 Harris Center Holiday Delights
- 1.4 Colla Voce Children’s Chorus Presents Carols & Candy Canes
- 1.5 A Night in Bethlehem
- 1.6 Bayside Christmas Adventure
- 1.7 Annual Messiah Sing-Along with Auburn Symphony
- 1.8 Lincoln Brewster Christmas Concert
- 1.9 Tidings of Peace with One Voice Performing Arts
- 1.10 Christmas Carols and Chaos – A Sierra Gold Chorus Christmas Show 2016
- 1.11 Placer Pops Chorale Presents ‘A Holiday Homecoming’
- 1.12 Experience Christmas
- 1.13 Heaven Awakened
- 2 Christmas 2016 Candlelight Services on Christmas Eve
- 3 Christmas 2016 Joys Abound