We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Enjoy Fun Christmas Things to Do With Kids and Grandkids in Roseville
2016 & 2017 Holiday and Seasonal Fun is over but just click here to head to my category page, Holiday and Seasonal, where you’ll find all my posts on fun things to do in Roseville CA for holiday and seasonal fun! The most recent is always at the top.
The Roseville 2016 holiday season is going full swing and there are so many fun holiday and Christmas things do Roseville CA area already with plenty more to come! I’ve already shared about the many Craft and Quilt Shows and Sales in our Roseville – Sacramento area. Not to mention the various Harvest and Halloween activities, including the upcoming Roseville Turkey Trot fun run on Thanksgiving morning. And now, it’s time to turn our attention to some of the fun Christmas things to do with our kids and grandkids here in Roseville.
Thanks to the “magic” of seasons speeding up, we are looking forward to the annual holiday parade before Thanksgiving – namely this weekend! We’re hoping it won’t get rained out again like a couple years ago! Enjoy this fun beginning to the holiday season at the 55th Annual Sylvia Besana Holiday Parade this Saturday, November 19 at 10:30 am with pre-parade fun starting at 8am in the Roseville Downtown Square. The parade begins at the intersection of Riverside/Douglas/Vernon.
Thanksgiving joys follow shortly and THEN comes the delightful Downtown Holiday Celebration with so many happenings for over a week! I’ve even heard a weather rumor that snow is on its way for at least one of these events – MY kind of snow (fun and not cold) that will only appear in the Roseville Downtown Square area. 😉 What events, you ask? Let me tell you!
Roseville Downtown Holiday Celebration
- November 28 – Storytime with Santa, Downtown Roseville, 6pm-7pm The descriptions says to “Put on your cozy pjs and kick off the Holiday Celebration Week with your ticket to join Santa on the Polar Express.” Enjoy delightful Christmas things to do like read the classic holiday story, sing carols, visit with Santa, make a craft to take home, and have some warm cocoa. Doesn’t that sound like fun! FYI – if it rains, this will be moved indoors to the lobby of the Civic Center rotunda.
- November 28 – Love gingerbread houses and home decor? Be sure to enjoy the Gingerbread Display in the Civic Center, November 28 through December 16, 2016 – and don’t forget to vote for your favorite!
- November 29 – Family Game Night, Downtown Roseville, 6pm-7:30pm Too fun. You get another chance this year to DRESS UP! This time its for the Winter Games that are coming to the Town Square! There’s even a special guest host to aid in the fun of winning prizes and participating in reindeer games. SOOOO time for all who want to dress up as your favorite holiday character for a chance to win the grand prize.
- November 30 – Christmas Tree Grove, Downtown Roseville, 6pm-7:30pm – This is one of my fave events! It’s the 4th annual Christmas Tree Grove on the Square! Local businesses (YUP, I will have a tree to represent my real estate business as well as this blog – Roseville California Joys), organizations and schools have the opportunity to decorate trees in the Square. November 30 is the night the trees in the grove are officially lit and families can enjoy seeing the trees as well as making Christmas crafts, music, visiting with Santa and food! Winners will be announced at 7:15 pm. The trees will stay up to enjoy from 11/30-12/9. The Christmas Tree Grove will be held rain or shine.
- December 1 – Christmas Tree Lighting, Downtown Roseville Square, 6pm-8pm – This is the night that Roseville’s Christmas Tree is officially lit at the Downtown Square. Accompanying that is an old-fashioned celebration complete with decorating cookies, visiting Santa, more of the kids’ activity zone, music, food and holiday celebration. The weather is even forecasted for some snow! (Told you! 🙂 ) The Christmas tree lighting will be held rain or shine.
- December 2 – Friday Flicks, Downtown Roseville Square, Polar Express, 6:30pm – FREE MOVIE. “Enjoy popcorn, hot chocolate and some holiday cheer.” Be sure to bring a blanket or SIX!
More Roseville Christmas Things to Do
- December 3 – Breakfast with Santa, Roseville Sports Center at Mahany Park at 8:30am & 9:15am – reservations are needed so here’s the scoop straight from the city- “Enjoy a tasty pancake breakfast with your family, make crafts in the elves workshop, play reindeer games and visit with Santa. Fee: $10 participants (2 years +), $5 participants (under 2 years). Location: Roseville Sports Center – Sat • 12/3, 8:30am OR 9:15am…To register call…(916) 772-PLAY or if you are a Parks & Recreation customer with your Family Barcode & Pin, you can register online now.”
- December 10 – Santa in the Park. This annual treat is hosted by RCONA (Roseville Coalition of Neighborhood Associations) at the Roseville Sports Center at Mahany Park, 1545 Pleasant Grove Blvd from 1- 4:30 p.m. Bring your kids and grandkids and enjoy Santa’s Arrival on a Roseville Fire Truck at 1:30 PM along with free photos with Santa, cookies, punch, live entertainment, and crafts — all FREE! I’m planning on being there to help take photos as well so be sure to say HELLO! 🙂
Merry Start To The Christmas Season!
We’re definitely off to a rousing start to the holiday season with so many delightful Christmas things to do in Roseville CA! I’m looking forward to it mightily – at home, out visiting neighbors as I share home and neighborhood news, and out and about at community events including the Christmas Tree Grove and RCONA’s Santa in the Park.
P.S. Be sure to CLICK HERE to sign up for my free email updates – short and sweet with useful information about the homes, neighborhoods, and fun activities in this delightful city of Roseville CA.