We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Church In Roseville During Corona Virus Pandemic?
Are you thinking of going to church in Roseville tomorrow…or next Sunday…or the Sunday after that? For many of us that’s one of our favorite things to do in Roseville on a Saturday or Sunday (or maybe even Monday or Wednesday or…) But this weekend will be a bit different. You definitely need to check ahead to see if your church will be meeting like normal.
Unfortunately, due to the growing concern about the Corona Virus, which the World Health Organization (WHO) has now designated a pandemic, many churches are being asked to cancel in-church services. Some churches will be staying open. Other churches are choosing to close, even if it is not yet required – in order to protect those who would come.
But happily, many of the churches that will be closed for traditional services will be providing church services via live streaming on the internet, or on Facebook or via app, etc. including several churches Roseville CA. And even some of the churches staying open are offering that option for those who might be concerned that they are showing Corona virus symptoms or are at higher risk if they catch Corona virus and are taking careful precautions. 🙂
Thinking Outside the Box for Church in Roseville
Many are going to be live streaming services directly onto Facebook. That means, you can go to their Facebook page, find the post that says they are having church now, and click the arrow. Ideally. It sometimes takes a little poking around. 😉 BUT some will also post these onto YouTube later, which I personally prefer. Some may also be using apps – again, a fave of mine. And in at least one case, there will be a video made which I know my senior parents would have greatly appreciated. All in all, many people are going to be doing their best and going out of their way to make sure that those of us who want to join in worship and teaching with our churches can do so, even in the midst of the Corona virus pandemic. AWESOME!
Some ONLINE ONLY Churches Roseville CA
This won’t be a total list of all the churches Roseville CA has or that will be meeting online. This is a sampling – using churches I know and love as well as those from family and friends to give you an idea of what should be available this weekend and going forward until this Corona virus pandemic comes to an end. If your church isn’t listed here, just head to its website where it may have info posted. Otherwise try their Facebook page. If nothing is listed, I would also suggest calling the phone number even if it isn’t open – as they might have put a message on machine. And otherwise, yours might be open… But if it’s streaming, grab a cup of coffee, a computer, and gather round the table to enjoy a home fellowship in 2020. 🙂
- Bayside Church Roseville is one church with several campuses, including the original Bayside Granite Bay, Bayside Blue Oaks in Roseville, Bayside Adventure in Roseville, Bayside Midtown, and beyond. They will be live streaming their services using their website as well as their app. Per their Facebook page, “3/12 COVID-19 All Campus update from Pastor Ray Johnston – Out of an overabundance of caution for our staff and for the people we seek to serve, we are not meeting at any of our campuses this weekend. We’re going from onsite to online! We’ll be streaming our services here on Facebook but please download the Bayside App for the most up-to-date info, resources, and additional ways to watch online.
- Pleasant Grove Community Church in West Roseville posted on Facebook that “For the safety of our congregation, staff and those we serve, we will not be holding service on Sunday. We will be recording and making a video of our service and will make it available as soon as possible.”
- Bridgeway Christian Church in West Roseville also shared on Facebook that they will not be meeting for church this weekend. They posted on Facebook that, “While our campus is closed to the public, WE WILL BE LIVE ON FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, AND OUR WEBSITE at 4pm. Saturday. We will also be able to watch the services at 6pm tonight, Saturday, and at 9, and 11am tomorrow, Sunday.” We will have closed captioning for hearing impaired available for the Sunday service times. We are excited to be worshiping with our church family even if we are doing it from separate places. Our God is not limited to a building, and we can’t wait to see how God uses this to spread the good news of His love.
- Metro Calvary shared on their website and on Facebook that they, too, will not be meeting this weekend and possibly longer. They will also be having their services with staff only – and sharing them online as they do it so that you can join in from your home via their website or their app.
- Centerpoint Roseville Church in Roseville shared on their website and on Facebook that they, too, will be doing church online at least until March 31, 2020, via their website and their app which I found by going to the iPhone app store and typing in Centerpoint Roseville. I would think the same might work for Androids?
- Life Community Church in West Roseville posted on their Facebook page that they will not be having services this week. They have posted a lovely note along with some great suggestions and encouragement.
Grace in Roseville In Midst of Corona Virus!
As you can see, even though we are in the midst of a major Corona virus pandemic that is creating a lot of craziness to our world (have you SEEN Costco or Sam’s Club recently), 😁 there is also plenty of encouragement, grace and comfort available for all of us in Roseville CA and beyond. If your church wasn’t listed, give it a buzz or check its website or Facebook page to see if you are still meeting.
And if you are, do be careful. Check yourself and others with you to be sure you are fully healthy. If you have any symptoms of ANY kind and especially any of the symptoms of Corona virus, be sure that you stay home and eat some yummy chicken soup and take good care of yourself. Also, as you may already have heard, they are asking us to be sure to call your doctor before you go in to be seen so they can be properly prepared and direct you as to the best place to head.
And one last thought. Psalm 91 is one of my (many) favorite passages. I hope this will bless you as well during this challenging season of life! 🙂