We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Fun Things to Do With Grandkids in Roseville!
Of course, long time readers know that one of my fave every day AND holiday things to do in Roseville 2018 or anytime is craft projects with my grandkids. For my grandtoddlers, I’m already looking forward to a delightful (de-leaf-ful 😛 ) project that I enjoyed with my kids and older grandkids. First we’ll have fun gathering the leaves that have fallen on the ground. This is doubly delightful for me as the gorgeous-nous of falling leaves is one of my favorite parts of autumn.
Then we’ll use those leaves to make fun pictures. Thanks go some craft blogs I’ve read, I have learned how WONDERFUL contact paper is for kids’ crafts for all ages. And that’s especially true for toddlers. We can have all sorts of fun sprinkling various texture-y things on the paper which is on one sheet of contact paper. Then we’ll cover it all with another sheet of contact paper. Everything generally stays inside the two sheets and they can have fun carrying it around or hanging it on my fridge with one of my zillion magnet clips. Fun times indeed!
Are you looking forward to cooler temperatures? Me too! Now we can move from our toddler swimming pool on to exploring the various parks in Roseville! I’m already looking forward to a return trip to the very fun dinosaur park in East Roseville as well as discovering new-to-us parks all around Roseville. And with over 75 parks and more to come, we’ll be in park happiness for years to come!
Roseville Parks and Rec Guide – Fall 2018
Seasonal and Holiday Happenings 2018
- RCONA’s Roseville City Council Candidate Forum – Sept. 11th, Tuesday, Sept 11, 2018, 6:15-8:30 PM The “Roseville City Council Candidate Forum” will be held at Randy Peters Event Center, 105 Vernon St., Roseville CA – It’s a great chance to come learn more about those people running for Roseville City Council in November.
- Green Acres Nursery – one of my fave places to head when I’m in a green thumb mood! And I LOVE that they have seasonal activities. Like their great kickoff for FALL on Saturday, 9/29/18 from 10am-5pm at all locations, including their Roseville nursery – 901 Galleria Blvd, Roseville, 916-782-2273.
- Family Fest 9/29/18 11am-2pm at the Vernon Street Town Square. It’s the 6th annual Family Fest! Enjoy a truck exploration zone, food trucks, kids zone and over 50 family-friendly vendors including sports organizations, places to go and family services!
- Enjoy a harvest themed October First Friday Street Fair – it’s a Harvest Festival for the Last First Friday at Fountains, Friday, October 5, 2018 starting at 6pm.
- Bike Fest 10/6/18 at Mahany Park
- Floating Pumpkin Patch 10/21/18 at Mike Shellito Indoor Pool -Hunt for your pumpkin in a pool this year. Once you pick your pumpkin, you can decorate it at the pumpkin decorating station. The pool is also open for recreational swim throughout the event. There are games, bounce houses and storytimes. Costumes are encouraged. Pre-registration IS required. You can register online NOW. Fee: $7 admission OR $10 admission & pumpkin, Children under age 2 are free with adult admission.
- Family Fun Night in the Vernon Street Downtown Square area on Thursday, October 25, 2018 – this will include free trick or treating at the merchants and vendors, free carnival games with prizes, free haunted house (kid appropriate) a costume contest and more!
- Pumpkin Palooza October 27-28 at Bayside Adventure- come dressed in costumes and have a palooza of a time! Get your pix taken with some fave characters, experience cool rides, and amazing games to win prizes plus grab a bite off the grill and MORE! 6401 Stanford Ranch Rd, Roseville, CA 95678 – (916) 791 – 1244
- Trunk or Treat at Bayside Blue Oaks, 10/27/18, 1-4pm, 10000 Alantown Drive, Roseville, CA. Enjoy pumpkins, carnival games, inflatables, and of course, LOTS OF CANDY. Also meet the AMAZING Spiderman, Princess Elena of Avalor, and Tiana. They are also partnering with the Placer County Food Bank so please bring a non-perishable food item to support families in our community.
- Fall Festival at Centerpoint Church. Trunk-or-Treat, bounce houses, candy (of course!), games, face painting, balloon creations, JD the DJ, food, prizes and more! This is a free event, and everyone is welcome! The party is happening, no matter what the weather is like. It will be fun for your entire family! 515 Sunrise Ave, Roseville CA 95661
- The 57th Annual Sylvia Besana Holiday Parade – POSTPONED DUE TO SMOKE AND AIR QUALITY – Downtown Roseville. For event details AND UPDATED NEW DATE and parade route, visit SylviaBesanaParade.org .
- Turkey Trot – 11/22/18 – Vernon Street Town Square at 9:00am. We had such a fun time with this last year and WOW! So many fun people showed up including several friends we knew. A delightful way to fight holiday weight gain, enjoy family and friend fun, AND help others by bringing canned food donations at packet pick-up and/or on race day. 🙂
- Gingerbread House Contest –
- Christmas Tree Grove 11/28/18 – I had SO much fun the year I decorated a tree for this fun holiday event! And even when I don’t decorate the tree, it’s always fun to wander by them all to see the interesting Christmas tree decor ideas!
- Annual Christmas Tree Lighting 11/29/18 – Pretty much the only time we get snow always seems to happen on THIS EVENING (see video below 🙂 ! Fun Christmas magic!
- RCONA’s Santa in the Park – Saturday, December 8, 2018 at Roseville Sports Center at Mahany Park from 1– 4:30 p.m. A delightful time that includes free photos with Santa, cute crafts, holiday music and cookies, and MORE!
- Neighborhood Santa December 4-13 – areas vary as each year they work hard to find the areas in Roseville with the most kids. They do their very best to set this up so as many can join in the fun nearby. If the routes don’t go by your house, there will be a map to show you where they will be and you can look for places you can go, perhaps with mugs of hot cocoa and gingerbread cookies, for a fun outing with the little ones. It’s usually two night two weeks in a row AND it is definitely one of the events that can be cancelled by rain or other bad weather. In fact, several of the events listed above, that are outside events, are subject to weather issues. 😉
Roseville Happenings NOT Happening in 2018
While there are many fun happenings coming, there are also a few holiday and seasonal things to do in Roseville from the past that will NOT be taking place. Due to state and federal UNMANDATED requirements and other reasons, our Roseville City Council is working hard on the city budget to be fiscally prudent to avoid any shortfalls.
In order to accomplish this, they have had to make some cuts to the budget and that includes the following cancellations:
- Holiday Craft Fair
- Campfires At Maidu Museum
- Night Out At The Museum
- 4th of July fireworks
- Wednesdays On Tap
In addition, there are some things that will happen but will be tweaked a bit like:
- Holiday Storytime is combined with Tree Grove
- Boot Camp offered one day a week rather than two
- Shortened seasons for Wee One Wednesday
- Seasons were also shortened for Friday Flicks
- And shortened seasons for Concerts On The Square
Find more info on these and other budget cuts in the Roseville Park and Recreation Guide – Fall 2018, as well as on their website – just click here.
Craft Fair Things To Do in Roseville 2018
Heartfelt Holiday Craft Faire at Bridgeway Christian Church – Friday, October 5, 2018 – Saturday, October 06, 2018 at Bridgeway Building D, 8150 Industrial Ave, Roseville, CA 95678 “The Heartfelt Holiday Craft Faire, presented by Women’s Ministry, is coming to Bridgeway! There will be LOTS of items for sale–home décor, jewelry, soaps and lotions, clothing, children’s clothing and much, much more —even a bake sale, door prizes, raffle prizes and a quilt raffle.” Affordable shopping, fun and blessing others with this fun fundraiser. Friday, October 5th from 10:00am – 7:00pm and Saturday, October 6th from 10:00am – 4:00pm – If you are a vendor inquiring about participating in the Craft Faire, please click here then scroll down to the Vendor button and click that.
Sun City Roseville CA Holiday Craft Faire, Holiday Craft Faire – hosted by the Roseville Needle Arts Club will be Saturday November 3, 2018 (NOTE THIS CORRECTED DATE) from 9am – 2pm at the Timber Creek Lodge, 7050 Del Webb Blvd., Roseville (ATM available) and features a needle arts, creative arts and fine arts sale, bake sale, book sale, and shoppers cafe.
Del Webb The Club at Westpark Craft Fair will be on November 10, 2018. I believe it will be at 3240 Kennerleigh Parkway, Roseville, CA 95747 but you can call (916) 771-7801 to confirm that. 🙂
Quilt Show Joys 2018
We are blessed with several great quilt groups in our Roseville Sacramento area and the quilt shows often have craft vendors selling lovely items that are great for Christmas gift shopping. Here are two of our family faves – both of which are TERRIFIC! They are always at the top of my list of fun holiday things to do in Roseville and that includes 2018! 🙂
Pioneer Quilters’ Guild Show in Roseville – November 10-11, 2018. Their site states: “The Pioneer Quilters Guild proudly hosts a premier Quilt Show each year that features a fantastic display of gorgeous quilts of various techniques, sizes, and designs made by our talented members, as well as a designated area that offers quilts for sale to the public. We have a wonderful and unique boutique that sells quality handmade crafts of all sorts.” And yes! I can testify that’s what you’ll enjoy at this quilt show. Also, delightful raffle baskets, door prizes, vendor shops, a catered café by Ambrosia Fine Foods and more! Location: Roseville Sports Center, 1545 Pleasant Grove Blvd, Roseville, Times: Saturday, 10-5, Sunday 10-4, Admission: $7 covers both days; children 12 and under free.
River City Quilters’ Guild – Sacramento – November 16-18, 2018. Friday & Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m at the Scottish Rite Masonic Center, 6151 H Street, Sacramento, CA 95825 with plenty of free parking and GREAT raffles – my kids and grandkids have LOVED a couple I’ve won over the years! Admission: $10 for all 3 days. Ages 12 and under free with an adult. Featured Artist: Kim Brownell – You can enjoy at least 200 quilts made by guild members and local quilters: Traditional, Modern, Art, Wearable Art, Demonstrations, Door Prizes, Their Country Store Boutique, Silent Auction, and MORE! And yes, they use craft vendors as well.
More Craft Show Possibilities
In the past, several other groups have done annual craft fairs and hopefully will do so again. And for anyone interested in being a vendor (I had a couple of readers ask about this last year, so that’s why I’m adding this info 🙂 ), these would be good places to call for more info. These groups include: Diamond K Estates, Mistywood, Del Webb’s The Club at Westpark, and various small churches and other organizations. As I hear of them, I’ll be adding them to Facebook so be sure to LIKE Roseville California Joys and check there often. 🙂
Fave Fun Autumn and Holiday Things to Do Beyond Roseville 2018
Two of my family’s FAVORITE holiday things to do in Roseville 2018 at this time of the year is to LEAVE Roseville and head in one of two opposite directions from Roseville.
Bishop’s Pumpkin Farm, which is WAY more than a pumpkin farm – as you can tell from their VERY cool attractions map that includes a Corn Maze, Coyote Mine, Fort ALotaFun, Hayrides, Petting Zoo, Play Areas, Zipline, Charlie’s Carousel, Sunflower Labyrinth, Pony Rides and MORE. Bishop’s Pumpkin Farm opens September 15, 2018 for the Fall Season! Enjoy picking out your pumpkins, a cool train ride, yummy food, all SORTS of intriguing sounding events, gift shopping, and many delightful family memories. Yes, I’m mistily smiling over some of mine right now!
Apple Hill – with over 50 farms, many of which open this weekend, as well as the lovely Boa Vista farm which is open year round, there are definitely plenty of fun autumn things to do at Apple Hill for all ages – from kids and grandkids on up to boomers and seniors. Click here for a list and links to all sorts of kid activity ideas and stops. Many of the farms are now open, including Boa Vista. Here is a calendar for Apple Hill in general. It looks like the Facebook pages are a good resource as well. Click here for the Apple Hill page and click here for the Boa Vista Farms page. BOTH have lots of fall fun info and things to do and it’s a lovely drive from Roseville. 🙂
Macaroni Kid Roseville Rocklin and Lincoln will be sharing even more fun Fall ideas soon. Click here regularly for that. AND if you are in the mood for some early pumpkins – her U-Pick Farms and Farmstands Guide has you covered there as well!
Definitely Plenty of Fun Fall and Holiday Things to Do in Roseville 2018
WOW! SO MANY FUN Seasonal and Holiday Things things to do in Roseville 2018 as well as the surrounding area! It’s going to be a fun season! Of course, there will be more to come as we get closer to Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. I’m already planning an update in a month or so. In the meantime, what are your faves? We’d love to hear – either here or at Facebook. HAVE FUN!
P.S. Do you love all that Roseville offers and want to move here? Here’s a fun holiday home search for you – Search for Roseville Homes For Sale around Christmas Lights. And for all of us who are 55+, here’s some fun food for thought – Search Homes For Sale Sun City Roseville where you can enjoy making crafts all year around with one of their craft clubs.
P.S. For more tips and info about Roseville living, neighborhoods, homes, seasonal fun, news businesses in our area, etc, be sure to click here to subscribe to my weekly updates 😀
Contents of this post...
- 1 Autumn Joys
- 2 Fun Things to Do With Grandkids in Roseville!
- 3 Roseville Parks and Rec Guide – Fall 2018
- 4 Seasonal and Holiday Happenings 2018
- 5 Roseville Happenings NOT Happening in 2018
- 6 Craft Fair Things To Do in Roseville 2018
- 7 Fave Fun Autumn and Holiday Things to Do Beyond Roseville 2018
- 8 Definitely Plenty of Fun Fall and Holiday Things to Do in Roseville 2018