We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Another fun holiday in the midst of all the patriotic holidays of May, June and July! Very cool! I have some fun ideas, home decor tips, recipes, FIREWORKS, and other activities to share with you here in the Roseville Sacramento area. And one is TODAY!
Celebrate BEFORE the 4th of July
CELEBRATE AMERICA with Destiny Community Center at Twin Oaks Park, 5500 N Park Dr, Rocklin, California 95765. 6/25/17 – Gates Open at 4pm & Show starts at 8pm “You’re invited to one of the most anticipated summer events in the region! Bring your family and friends to enjoy a live concert, musical production, and a spectacular fireworks presentation! Something for all ages. A fun-filled extravaganza including a Kid Zone, Food Trucks, and surprise features!”
Fireworks Extravaganza for those who live in the 55+ golf course retirement community of Sun City by Del Webb in Roseville on July 3 starting with the BBQ at 5, live music at 7pm, and fireworks at 9:30 p.m. You might be able to see the fireworks from a distance if you live in the surrounding area. 🙂
Independence Day Joys 2017 in Roseville CA
Roseville has all SORTS of fun happenings going on July 4, 2017! They include:
- Fun Run Fun Challenges with the Roseville Police hosted by Crimestoppers – This is a 4th of July 5K/10K Fun Run/Walk for the whole community that begins and ends at Royer Park. The 10K starts at 7:20 a.m., the 5k starts at 7:45 a.m. and the kids’ 1/4 mile starting at 8:45 a.m. “Bring your kids to run with uniformed officers and the SWAT team!”
- Parade Smiles – “Come out for the return of the Independence Day parade! The parade begins at 9 am at the intersection of Riverside/Vernon/Douglas, continues along Vernon Street past the Civic Center, turns right on Lincoln Street before turning right again onto Park Drive. Be sure to arrive early to get your preferred viewing spot.”
- Royer Park Activities from 10am-1pm with carnival games, bounce houses, food vendors and music by the Capitol Pops Concert Band!
- Fireworks at the Placer County Fairgrounds. “Gates open at 5 p.m., and the show begins at approximately 9:30 p.m. No alcohol, glass containers, barbecues or personal fireworks permitted. Refreshments will be available for purchase at the fairgrounds. $5 fairgrounds parking fee.”
Independence Day Fun Beyond Roseville
Macaroni Kid Roseville Rocklin Lincoln has an excellent round-up of many other Independence Day events in the next couple of weeks in the greater Sacramento Valley.
I expect that, come July 1, Sacramento Sidetracks will have a list as well. 🙂
Patriotic Fun WAY Beyond Roseville
A Patriots’ Road Trip Guide To This Fourth Of July – Napa Auto Parts has a fun idea for us – take a patriotic road trip ALL across the United States. 🙂
More Independence Day and Patriotic Day Fun
Of course, many of us prefer to stay home for the 4th of July. Some, because of dogs and cats. Others due to caring for elderly parents. Maybe a kid or grandkid is sick? Or maybe, just to celebrate with family, friends, neighbors, etc. Here are some fun ideas to help with those joys:
Here’s my fave, VERY cool and fairly easy patriotic dessert to enjoy this year.
And here are a few more fun videos full of great and easy 4th of July ideas for food, dessert, home decor, other recipes, and more.
Want a 4th of July wreath? Here’s a NO-sew one and the kids and grandkids can help too! 🙂
Patriotic and Practical Safety Tips!
Enjoy your Independence Day holidays safely. The City of Roseville Police and Fire Departments want to remind us that they have a “zero tolerance” policy regarding illegal fireworks. This is especially vital since we are in the dry fire season!
“The sale and use of Safe and Sane fireworks begins on June 28 in the City of Roseville. As a reminder, the legal time of sale for these fireworks is between 12:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. on June 28 and 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on June 29 through July 4. The legal time for discharge of Safe and Sane fireworks is from 12:00 p.m. on June 28 through 11:59 p.m. on July 4.
Only those fireworks registered with the California State Fire Marshal’s Office as Safe and Sane are approved for use within the State of California. Fireworks may not be sold to anyone under the age of 18.”
Patriotic Joys In Your Living Room!
As my senior parents aged, they discovered they preferred their own living room on the 4th of July. Many fur-baby parents feel the same way as they want to keep their dogs and cats close for cuddling if they get scared. I change each year. Sometimes out and about. Other times not. The last couple of years, I usually enjoy the morning activities, then stay home in the evening with my senior mom to watch Independence Day movie – my fave 4th of July flick – . In case that applies to you, here are some fun fireworks and parade videos from past Roseville 4th of July fun along with a video full of patriotic smiles. 🙂
Past Parade Smiles
Past Firework Fun
Happy Independence Day!
I hope your holiday is a sweet delight, that y’all stay safe, and that each of you have a very Happy 4th of July! 🙂
Contents of this post...
- 0.1 Independence Day!
- 0.2 Celebrate BEFORE the 4th of July
- 0.3 Independence Day Joys 2017 in Roseville CA
- 0.4 Independence Day Fun Beyond Roseville
- 0.5 Patriotic Fun WAY Beyond Roseville
- 0.6 More Independence Day and Patriotic Day Fun
- 0.7 Patriotic and Practical Safety Tips!
- 0.8 Patriotic Joys In Your Living Room!
- 0.9 Happy Independence Day!
- 1 Kaye