We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Happy Get Organized Month
Did you know that January is Get Organized Month? Makes sense, doesn’t it! A month devoted to organizing to help us catch up on all the things we put off during the holidays, declutter our homes, get our tools in order and get ORGANIZED.
In honor of National Organization Month, I thought I’d share some handy tips and tricks I spotted. There a dozens of useful ideas for getting organized for normal living and plenty of tips for getting organized if you’re thinking of selling your home!
Organizing Tricks and Storage Ideas
- First, here’s a tip from my senior mom. Buy the hanging organizers for your closets (like in the photo above). They are great to store sweaters, towels, and shoes. And even craft supplies like yarn, quilt squares, and more!
- Some great tips for organizing including a couple of my own faves and some handy helps for parents and grandkids at HGTV.
- House Beautiful has some awesome ideas. And my fave turned out to be #10 BEFORE I saw their headline, “#10 is a total gamechanger!” How about you? 🙂
- Got young kids or grandkids? Check out the Kids Activities Blog for 26 ways to organize toys in a small space.
- And oh my, here are some more lovely ways to organize those cute toys from One Crazy House.
- Real Simple has some very simple yet practical ideas. I confess – I liked all but the first one. Sometimes, it really IS nice to have 3-4 of a popular item, like a wisk, or a measuring cup set. What do you think?
- If you or someone in your family loves to travel, DesignSponge has some adorably creative ideas for old suitcases.
- Some great tips from This Old House for organizing your garage. And did you know you should always store propane OUTSIDE! I didn’t! 🙂
- Some very cool and creative storage cabinet and workbench ideas from Buzzfeed! I loved the battery recycle can idea!
- The Art of Manliness has some very in-depth tips for traditional garage workbenches and storage – and I bet they work great for men AND women. 😉
- Speaking of garages, that leads to cars, which leads to Lifehacker’s “How to Organize Your Messy Car (and Keep It That Way).“
- And check out this cool car organizer complete with a compartment for cold drinks. I definitely need that for those days when I’m showing houses to my awesome real estate clients! I may get a couple of those!
Now it’s your turn. Got any great organizing ideas to share with us for Get Organized Month?. Inquiring minds want to know. 🙂
P.S. If you are thinking of selling your Roseville home, I’d love to help you. Give me a call at 916-768-0127 or email me at [email protected] Find out all the ways we love to “spoil our clients!”