We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Over the past few years, while traveling to various points in the United States, I've made an astounding discovery! We are SUPER blessed by GREAT radio station options in our area. I used to live in Southern California and found it almost as grand down there. But I'm not kidding you. We have a wealth of options here in Roseville CA. At least for my fave type of stations. (Probably all, but I just can't speak to the rest 🙂 )
When I'm at home, it's usually pretty quiet or I might listen to my iTunes or Amazon playlists. But in the car, one of my favorite things to do while driving around Roseville CA and the surrounding area is to have the radio on non-stop. (Another fave thing – listen to educational podcasts via my iphone connected to my car radio. But that's a topic for another day 🙂 )
MY FAVE FAMILY-FRIENDLY ENTERTAINMENT AND MUSIC RADIO STATIONS TO RELAX ME, TALK STATIONS WITH NEWS TO BRING ME UP TO SPEED
love Contemporary Christian music for relaxing. Plus I appreciate that the ones I listen to here in Roseville provide interesting and uplifting family-friendly entertainment and news. I'm encouraged and I never have to worry when my grandkids are listening. But when I'm in a news-y mood, or if something news-worthy is going on, or if its election time, then you'll often find me listening to talk-radio news stations. I couldn't believe it, but where my various relatives live, you are LUCKY if you get one news station and one Christian music station. Sometimes, you can't even find that! I am really glad we have so many options plus we can often pull in stations from San Francisco, during the daytime, giving us even more interesting choices.
MY FAVE STATIONS
For those who also like these particular types of stations, here are my personal favorite stations here in Roseville California, which are all on my push buttons in the car:
- KFBK News and Talk Shows 93.1
- The Fish Radio Station – Contemporary Christian music radio- 103.9 KKFS
- K-LOVE – Contemporary Christian music radio – 99.5 (may also be at 89.7)
- Air1 Radio – Contemporary Christian music radio – 99.1
- Classical music from Capital Public radio out of Sacramento (I believe from Sac State campus) – 88.9 I love this when I have a headache or just don't want to hear any words at all – (I don't always get this super clear but do love it when I can – and they do offer their programming via live streaming including classical and jazz.)
This is my "go-to list" to listen to when there is big news breaking. If I hear about any kind of disaster, I switch to these ASAP. Though I have to say, I'm rather spoiled and they often aren't as quick as Facebook or Twitter. 🙂 BUT since I can't check the web while driving, these stations ARE the next best thing for me.
- KFBK News Talk 1530 – which also has the same shows on AM as listed above
- KSTE Talk Radio – 650
- AM 1380 KTKZ – 1380
When I can get them, I also love the San Francisco news stations including:
ALL THE RADIO STATIONS IN THE ROSEVILLE-SACRAMENTO-SAN FRANCISCO AREA
To paraphrase Paul Harvey, "Here's the REST of the story/channels of radio stations in the Roseville, Sacramento, San Francisco CA area. Between these three pages, you should hopefully be able to track down all the radio stations we can pull into our Roseville area. 🙂
FAMILY-FRIENDLY ENTERTAINMENT AND/OR NEWS RADIO STATIONS RECOMMENDED BY VOTERS IN THE KCRA BEST OF 2015
WHAT'S YOUR FAVE RECOMMENDATIONS?
Now, it's your turn. What are your favorite radio stations for in the car or in your home in and around Roseville, CA. Or do you even listen to AM or FM radio in the car? We'd love to hear.
P.S. Happy Pink Saturday.
P.P.S. While researching this, I came across a reference to a fave of my family's for years – KSSJ 94.7 Smooth Jazz. Sadly, that station no longer plays Smooth Jazz. BUT if you are missing them as well, you'll be happy to hear there is a website that streams Smooth Jazz 24-7 – Enjoy 🙂
Contents of this post...
- 1 SOME MY FAVE THINGS TO DO IN THE CAR IN ROSEVILLE CA
- 2 MY FAVE FAMILY-FRIENDLY ENTERTAINMENT AND MUSIC RADIO STATIONS TO RELAX ME, TALK STATIONS WITH NEWS TO BRING ME UP TO SPEED
- 3 MY FAVE STATIONS
- 4 ALL THE RADIO STATIONS IN THE ROSEVILLE-SACRAMENTO-SAN FRANCISCO AREA
- 5 FAMILY-FRIENDLY ENTERTAINMENT AND/OR NEWS RADIO STATIONS RECOMMENDED BY VOTERS IN THE KCRA BEST OF 2015
- 6 WHAT'S YOUR FAVE RECOMMENDATIONS?