We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
While this older post still has some fun and useful info for Christmas fun, to find the latest info on Christmas Eve Services in Roseville CA as well as Christmas lights in Roseville CA- click here for the 2019 post or click here to head to my category page, Holiday and Seasonal, where you’ll find ALL my posts on fun things to do in Roseville CA for holiday and seasonal fun! The most recent post for the most current year is always at the top. And MERRY CHRISTMAS 🙂
2017 Christmas Update
- Roseville Christmas Events 2017 shares Roseville area Christmas Lights, Music, Services, and more
- Pinterest Boards to enjoy – Grandkid Fun and Christmas Joys for easy and cute Christmas crafts for kids and grandkids
- Fun and intriguing holiday craft videos
- Have you seen my Grandkid Playlists with all sorts of fun and easy craft ideas – here and here.
- You can easily find all my holiday and seasonal activities updates HERE with the most current at the top 🙂
- MERRY CHRISTMAS 2017 🙂
CHRISTMAS MUSIC JOYS
It’s the 2015 holiday season in Roseville CA and beyond and I’ve got Christmas carols playing almost non-stop. My Bethlehem Village nativity set is on my mantel. And I’m slowly but surely decorating my Facebook pages and Pinterest boards for Christmas.
I’m also checking with friends and family for interesting Christmas nativity and music programs as well as Christmas Eve Church Services in the Roseville Sacramento Auburn CA area to put on my calendar as well as share with you. So here goes…
CHRISTMAS PROGRAMS THROUGHOUT THE MONTH
These are in order by the date of the first performance.
WILLIAM JESSUP UNIVERSITY – Jessup Music Presents: Celebrate Christmas 2015 on December 4 at 7 p.m. and December 5 at 2 and 7 p.m. The popular event features performances from the growing university’s performance groups including the University Choir & Orchestra, Jessup Concert Choir, and the Crossroads performance small group. Designed to appeal to a wide range of audiences, the program combines both contemporary and classic Christmas music selections. Among those will be ‘Sing We Now of Christmas’, ‘God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen’, and many other Christmas favorites. Click here to pre-purchase tickets (high school students are free and there are discounted prices for college students 🙂 ) If you have any questions, please contact [email protected] or 916-577-8093, William Jessup University is located at 333 Sunset Boulevard, Rocklin, CA 95765
SUNRISE COMMUNITY CHURCH – Bethlehem Village – December 4-6, 2015, 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM (weather permitting) – 8321 Greenback Lane, Fair Oaks, CA 95628, Call: 916-726-4642 or go to their Facebook page for more details.
FAIR OAKS PRESBYTERIAN
- A Royal Wedding – Christmas Musical Theater – Enjoy a first time, original musical, “A Royal Wedding” featuring a dynamic dual drama as well as a variety of classic and newly inspired Christmas music from our full orchestra and Festival Choir. There will be two not-to-miss performances with a dessert reception to follow. Friday, December 4 at 7:00 PM and Sunday, December 6 at 3:00 PM – Free tickets are available in the church office or email [email protected] – FYI – Sunday tickets have all been given out. You can still attend but will not receive priority seating. Doors open 30 minutes before program begins for those with tickets and 15 minutes before program for those without tickets. Free childcare available for infants through Kindergarten. Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church 11427 Fair Oaks Blvd
- Fair Oaks Presbyterian Presents: Jazz Music From A Charlie Brown Christmas – This year marks the 50th anniversary of A Charlie Brown Christmas. The Peanuts animated special was first broadcast on ABC in 1965 and has been televised every year since. To celebrate the anniversary, The Jim Martinez Quartet will be performing and as an extra treat, a few of the performers who sang on the original 1965 soundtrack will participate in the concert. The concert will feature many great songs from the movie including “Christmas Time Is Here,” “O Christmas Tree” and “Linus and Lucy.” It will also include holiday favorites like “White Christmas” and “The Christmas Song (Chestnuts).” The Master of Ceremonies will be Derrick Bang who is an author and considered the leading expert of Peanuts. December 19, 2015 – 6:00 pm Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church Worship Center – 11427 Fair Oaks Blvd. There is no cost for admission, but a free-will offering will be taken to cover expenses. Reservations are required and can be made via e-mail: [email protected] or by calling (916) 804-8370.
- Vivace String Orchestra under the direction of Greg Brucker presents a FREE concert of holiday classical favorites and more. December 5, 12-1pm in the California State Capitol Museum at the State Capitol, Room B-27, Sacramento, California 95814
- Symphonic Wind Ensemble presents Free holiday concert under the direction of Kark Zimny on Sunday, December 13, 1:00pm – 2:00pm in the California State Capitol Rotunda.
The Folsom Symphony presents Bianco Natale on Dec. 5 and 6, 2015: Performing Adeste fidelis, White Christmas, Silent Night, Che gelida manina from La bohème, Nessun dorma, excerpts from The Nutcracker, music from the movie Frozen and more. Italian tenor Pasquale Esposito solos. Esposito was recently acclaimed for his performance in the PBS docu-concert “Pasquale Esposito Celebrates Enrico Caruso.” The Saturday performance is at 7:30 p.m., the Sunday matinee begins at 2:00 p.m., both at the Harris Center/Three Stages theater on the Folsom Lake College campus, 10 College Parkway. Buy tickets online by clicking here, by calling 916-608-6888 or by visiting the ticket office on the Folsom Lake College campus.
CENTERPOINT COMMUNITY CHURCH – Centerpoint Christmas Concert December 10th at 7pm, 11th at 7pm, and 12th at 3pm – These will be inspirational evenings of music featuring the Counterpoint Choir & Orchestra as well as soloist Karen Percy and pianist Krista Sturgis (Childcare is available up to 7 years of age). 515 Sunrise Ave, Roseville CA 95661, (916) 782-3186
BAYSIDE CHURCH GRANITE BAY CA has released its schedule for their Christmas Eve services which are now called Experience Christmas services. I remember when they first started and they really were all on Christmas Eve. But they are so beautifully done and have become so popular they now start a WEEK before Christmas Eve. And while they do hold some seats in reserve each service, I would highly recommend getting the tickets early to pick your seats and nights. In fact, I just took a break to get mine. There is a $5 donation per ticket that goes to help children in need locally and/or in Cambodia. This year’s special guest is William Close who was recently featured on the TV show “America’s Got Talent.” He is an instrument inventor, musical director, and performer. He has built over 100 unique instruments, including The Earth Harp, which you have to see to believe! Here’s an interesting article explaining a bit about him with two fascinating videos of him playing the harp and sharing how he created it.
The services will be held at 8191 Sierra College Boulevard, Roseville, CA, (916) 791 – 1244 and the times are:
- Friday Dec 18th – 2 – 6:30pm and 8:30pm
- Sunday Dec 20th – 3 – including the Jingle Jam service at 3:30 that is especially fun for the little ones; also 6pm and 8:30pm
- Monday Dec 21st – 5pm and 7:30pm
- Wednesday Dec 23rd – 3pm, 5:30pm, 8pm
- Thursday Dec 24th – 2pm, 4:30pm, 7:30pm, 10pm
VALLEY SPRINGS PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH – Christmas Music Program on 12/20/15 which is the last Advent Sunday before Christmas. They will have a choir and live orchestra with lots of special music. Contact Information: Valley Springs Church (916) 786-7940 email – [email protected] – 2401 Olympus Drive, Roseville, CA 95661
The Sacramento Choral has put together a wonderful round-up calendar of musical events all around the Roseville Sacramento area. You’ll probably spot some of the above on its list and TONS more including a few performances of Handel’s Messiah – one being a sing-along. Just CLICK HERE to see the calendar.
CHRISTMAS EVE SERVICES
Bayside Church – As mentioned above, Bayside does have FOUR services on Christmas Eve itself – Thursday Dec 24th – 2pm, 4:30pm, 7:30pm, 10pm. Be sure to make your reservations as soon as possible as this is probably the most popular day! Bayside is located at 8191 Sierra College Boulevard, Roseville, CA, United States. (916) 791 – 1244
Located at 515 Sunrise Ave, Roseville CA 95661, (916) 782-3186, Centerpoint’s Christmas Eve services are:
- Family Christmas Service – December 23rd at 5pm with musical drama, carol-singing, and snow on the courtyard!
- Contemporary Service – December 24th at 5pm with worship band, message & communion
- Classic Candlelight Service – December 24th at 7pm, 8:30pm, & 10pm with choir message and communion (No childcare at the 10pm service)
- Three candlelight services. 5:30pm, 7pm, and 10:30pm. Childcare (Nursery-Toddlers) at 5:30pm and 7pm. Contact Information: Valley Springs Church (916) 786-7940 email – [email protected] – 2401 Olympus Drive, Roseville, CA 95661
Hillside Christian Church
Christmas Candlelight Service celebration will include a special message, a time of worship through Christmas music, and a traditional candle lighting. Childcare will be available at all services for children 5 years and younger. Located at 6401 Stanford Ranch Rd., Roseville, CA 95678, 916.771.5683. Worship times are:
- December 23 – 7:00 p.m.
- December 24 – 4:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Christmas Eve Services on 12/24/15 at 3pm, 5pm, 7pm at 10020 Foothills Blvd Roseville, CA 95747 Directions: From Highway 65 & Blue Oaks, Take Blue Oaks Blvd into Roseville approximately 2 miles. Turn RIGHT onto Foothills Blvd. Our church is on the LEFT. Phone Number – 916.788.2697, Email – [email protected]
Christmas Eve Services on 12/24/15 at 4pm and 6pm at 6900 Destiny Drive, Rocklin, CA 95677. For info, call (916) 780 2273
Christmas Eve Services – December 24, 2015 6-7 pm at Metro Calvary in Roseville CA MetroCalvary 9089 Foothills Blvd. Suite 900 Roseville, CA 95747 (916) 774-9673
ROSEVILLE CALIFORNIA JOYS
What fun! You might check back here in a week or so to see if I’ve added any new items. Plus sign up for my Facebook page – Roseville California Joys. As the picture above shows, once you click LIKE, be sure to hover over the LIKE button, click NOTIFICATIONS, then click ALL POSTS. That will hopefully (you never know with Facebook) ensure that you see all my posts. As I find interesting new holiday activities in our area, that’s usually the first place I share them, followed by my Things to Do in Roseville and Sacramento Pinterest board. 🙂
Have a wonderful holiday season full of joy, music, and love!