Sweet Summer Joys! Yes, it’s almost summer and there are so many fun things do Roseville CA and Sacramento area for and with our kids and grandkids. Here are just some of the many options available in 2016.
Summer Joys at Bible Camps 2016
These are some of the many options available in the area. I checked out my church as well as those of various family and friends. Lots of fun ideas and at varying times that work well around vacations, visits, etc. 😉
BREAKAWAY – BAYSIDE CHURCH, GRANITE BAY
CAMP KIDSWAY – BRIDGEWAY CHRISTIAN CHURCH
- MONDAY June 27th – FRIDAY July 1st 9:00am- 12:00pm each day
- Open to children ages 3 1/2 (and potty trained) through 5th Grade
- Registration deadline date: Sunday, June 12th
- For more info, please email Kidsway at firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMERFEST GAMES – VALLEY SPRING PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, ROSEVILLE
SUMMER BLAST – WALK THIS WAY – LIFE COMMUNITY CHURCH, ROSEVILLE
HIGH FIVE, DEEP SEA DISCOVERY – CENTERPOINT COMMUNITY CHURCH, ROSEVILLE
Patriotic Summer Joys
Memorial Day in North Highland
Memorial Day Weekend is starting for one dear friend at 2 pm today! Yikes, that was 45 minutes ago. The Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 4647, is proud to present the 50th Annual North Highlands Memorial Day Parade on Monday at 10 am on Watt Avenue (Click here for map for specific streets). This parade is to honor all who gave their lives in defense of our great country. An important thing to do, and to share with our kids and grandkids our gratitude for all who gave their lives to protect us and our freedom. Full details here.
Independence Day in Roseville
The 4th of July is coming faster and faster and Roseville has all sorts of great things planned in the Historic Downtown Roseville area including the fireworks at Placer County Fairgrounds.
- Run Crime Out Of Roseville! 5K Fun Run/Walk with a fun new challenge from the Roseville Police Department! Sponsored by the Roseville Crime Stoppers it will be at Royer Park, 7:45am on the 4th of July,
- Parade – The 4th of July / Independence Day parade begins at 9 am at the intersection of Riverside/Vernon/Douglas, continues along Vernon Street past the Civic Center, turns right on Lincoln Street before turning right again onto Park Drive. If you are interested in being IN the parade – here are the details: Parade Entry Guidelines– Parade Entry Application 2016 Be sure to check the 4th of July page for full details and updates.
- Royer Park Activities – Fun times at Royer Park from 10 am – 1 pm. Carnival games, bounce houses, food vendors and music by the Capitol Pops Concert Band are just some of the festivities planned for Royer Park.
- Fireworks – Well, of COURSE there are fun FIREWORKS at the Placer County Fairgrounds. Gates open at 5 p.m., and the show begins at approximately 9:30 p.m. No alcohol, glass containers, barbecues or personal fireworks permitted. Refreshments will be available for purchase at the fairgrounds. $5 fairgrounds parking fee.
MORE Roseville CA Summer Fun 2016!
As always, the City of Roseville and RCONA (The Roseville Coalition of Neighborhood Associations, of which I am a proud member) have an abundance of intriguing and interesting things going on – more sweet summer joys.
RCONA’s Movie in the Park 2016
RCONA Presents Movie in the Park 2016
June 25 – Maidu Park – Cinderella
July 9 – Crestmont Park – Field of Dreams
July 23 – James W. Wanish Park – Aladdin
Aug. 13 – Buljan Park – Minions
Aug. 27 – Fred Festersen Park – Zootopia
a 30 ft. screen (weather permitting – check rcona.org). Come for dinner at 7:30 pm with
lawn chairs, blankets and purchase pizza, teriyaki, popcorn, snow cones and beverages to
enjoy. Pre-show booths include Tie Dyed – bring your own shirt to dye for $3. Closed captioning available on request. Sorry – No Dogs are allowed in the Parks. Do come join the fun 🙂
City of Roseville CA Activities 2016
The latest Roseville Events flyer is out! All the way through August 2016! Click here to see all the great events coming up! One thing you may notice. Downtown Thursdays aren’t on this list and won’t be for the year 2016. Hopefully it will be back. But in the meantime, there are a ton of other interesting and fun activities and events coming up in our fair City of Roseville CA for a wide variety of ages and interests. Enjoy! 🙂
Park And Rec Fun
Don’t forget the Roseville Parks and Recreation activity guide, loaded with all sorts of fun and creative things to do this summer from swimming to ball games to classes and much much more.
More Summer Fun 2016 in Roseville and Sacramento area
Like the Great Outdoors?
If you and your family enjoy the outdoors and maybe even a bit of adventure with it – you might enjoy checking out Bayside Adventure Sports. Their latest Spring Summer 2016 calendar is out now – They offer outdoor recreation activities for people of all ages and skill levels! If you’re interested, join their email list and watch their calendar for all the upcoming opportunities.
Sacramento Sidetracks Activities Guides
I appreciate Keilah Woodard’s blog Sacramento Sidetracks as she often has great resource lists, ideas, and activities for parents (and grandparents) in the greater Sacramento area – including Roseville, Rocklin, etc. Her kids are getting older so there is now more of a focus on things for older kids. Here’s a list of her 2016 summer fun guides:
- Roseville is one of the 16 spraygrounds listed on this great list from Sacramento Sidetracks – The 16 Best Places to Cool Off for Free in 2016 – The article also includes area spraygrounds that are NOT open due to drought restrictions.
- Summer Fun Guide 2016 – a great overall guide for summer fun.
- $1 Movie Guide – great fun for a hot summer day.
- A cool Summer Camp Guide including several delightful options at the Zoo, FairyTale Town, and more.
Farmers’ Market Summer Joys
Farmers’ Markets are a sweet delight all around our area. While some – like Denio’s, Kaiser’s and Whole Foods Market – are year-round, there are many others that are only held at various specific times in the spring, summer, and fall. Many of those are on the following lists:
- Visit Placer
- California Grown
- Apple Hill – Well-known for fall fun, Apple Hill also has great options in late spring and summer including yummy berries!
- My Pinterest Board – Farmers Market Fun – has even more ideas and info.
More interesting tidbits –
- THE ROSEVILLE GOATS ARE BACK – one of my fave summer joys! Keep your eyes peeled for the cute Roseville goats. They move around often and you never know where they’ll pop up next, munching happily and looking adorable. There’s a goat tracker coming soon. Once it pops up, I’ll share it at my Roseville California Joys facebook page. 🙂
- Sat June 4 – Fire Station Open House – Station 6 – 1430 E. Roseville Pkwy – Fire Season Safety, 10 a.m. to noon
- National Night Out – August 2, 2016 is National Night Out – a time to visit with neighbors, make new friends, and share community. Many of the neighborhood associations are planning get-togethers and they’re always a fun treat.
SAVE THE DATE – Tue Sept 13 – City Council Candidates Forum – Woodcreek Oaks Golf Course – details to come later
More Roseville California Joys…
That’s it for now. If I hear of more fun summer joys I’ll share them at Facebook +. Be sure to pop over to my page and LIKE it and then hover over the LIKE (on your pc) and select all notifications. Otherwise Facebook tends to hide a lot of things we are really interested in. And if you’d like to get my free email newsletter to keep you up-to-date on fun Roseville area events, holiday happenings, real estate market info, and more, just click here.
Table of contents
- 1 Summer Joys at Bible Camps 2016
- 2 Patriotic Summer Joys
- 3 MORE Roseville CA Summer Fun 2016!
- 4 More Summer Fun 2016 in Roseville and Sacramento area
- 5 More Roseville California Joys…