We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Roseville CA Hotels Help Friends and Family in a Myriad of Ways
I’ve lived in Roseville CA for over 20 years. You might think I wouldn’t necessarily know much about the local hotels. But guess what! I do! Family reunions. Weddings. Funerals. Graduations. We’ve experienced them all and helped family and friends book their hotels here, visited them there, and learned secondhand from them how they were. When my husband’s job change dictated a relocation to this area, we stayed in a few hotels in the greater Sacramento County area. And when we were helping grandkids elsewhere, we rented the house here in Roseville, which is in Placer County CA. When we would come back for a visit, we’d sometimes stay at the local hotels – giving me first hand knowledge of some. So here are my favorite hotels in the area, along with some other strong candidates for you to stay at when visiting or relocating to this area, or helping your family and friends out.
Hotels I’ve Stayed at in Roseville CA
One caveat on these reviews – none of our stays have been terribly recent. Still and all, each is part of a major chain and hopefuly nothing has changed for the negative. I drive by most of them often and they all still look great. I would stay at any of them again with no concerns. But I did want you to know. 🙂
Residence Inn – This hotel is one of my top favorites whenever I travel with someone else. I am an extremely light sleeper. When I used to travel with my young family, I would often wake at 4 or 5 a.m. and then have to lay there or go sit in the bathroom and read a book. (That was pre- iPhone and iPod days. I would have LOVED to have those then!). Nowadays, I’ve given up on that and routinely get my own room when traveling with my senior mom or other family members. But when I can snag a two-bedroom suite with the kitchen and living room at Residence Inn, I always love to book that. We can be together, yet have private rooms, and it usually is less than the cost of two separate rooms elsewhere. Their hotel rooms are a delight, their free breakfast is tasty, and their hotel is always very nice everywhere, including here in Roseville CA. I’ve had relatives stay here and I’ve stayed here once as well. It’s located at 1930 Taylor Rd, Roseville California 95661 and its phone number is 916-772-5500. It has a lovely and large indoor swimming pool and a gym. It is pet-friendly with a fee. And, most important to me, provides free internet.
Homewood Suites – a while back, we stayed in one of their two-bedroom suites with a kitchen and living room for two nights due to my senior mom’s health needs. It is probably one of the most expensive hotels we’ve stayed at. It also has one of the best beds I’ve ever slept in at a hotel. Very nice! We used the laundry while there and found it quite nice. The staff were very helpful. They provide a full breakfast and on Mondays – Thursdays, they also have a free. I only got to try the breakfast and it was quite delicious. Their pool is large and lovely but outside. It usually has to be 90+ degrees outside to get me into an outdoor pool unless it is heated. Fortunately, this pool IS heated. I haven’t ever tested the waters there, but in the middle of summer I would probably give it a try. My grandkids, on the other hand, would probably jump right in even in January. I love that it also has a fitness room, basketball, and my personal favorite – a tennis court (though I am still toying with trying Pickleball . Hmmm, I wonder if any hotels offer that?) Homewood Suites Roseville is pet-friendly with a fee. And yes, they are another free-internet hotel. You’ll find it at 401 Creekside Ridge Ct, Roseville, CA 95678, 916-783-7455.
Extended Stay America Roseville – We stayed here for a few days a while back, as they include a recliner that was a big help for my senior mom. It’s one of the long-term hotels that are a bit easier on the budget, especially for relocating families. Because of that, we each had our own bedroom with kitchen. The downside can be that they don’t offer quite as many amenities as a traditional hotel. I did have to carry all the dishes up along with our luggage, which would have been very difficult for just my mom. It was well worth it, though, to ensure she had a chair she could use comfortably. (We’ve found recliners are a big help for those who have had hip replacement surgeries – and others have found that as well). Overall, it was quite nice. I would stay there again under the same circumstances. I appreciated that it was free internet and my granddog and other pet lovers will be happy to know it is also pet-friendly. It is located at 1000 Lead Hill Blvd., Roseville, CA 95678 916-781-9001 and its website sports a banner, “All Rooms Recently Renovated.” Another caveat – if you are also in need of a recliner, I would call to verify they still have them. One time when we visited a different hotel that had recliners listed on their website, we discovered that their renovations had resulted in the recliners being discarded!
Hotels Our Friends and Family Have Stayed At
Best Western Plus Orchid Hotel & Suites located at 130 N Sunrise Avenue, Roseville, CA, 95661, 916-784-2222 For years, this was our “go-to” place for all our friends and family who wanted to stay at a hotel while visiting. Originally, it was about the only hotel in the area that was close enough and in the right budget-range. Now there are many other great choices, but this is still one of our top favorites. Their free breakfast has always been delicious. Their outside heated swimming pool has a comfy deck for the sunbathers like me to sit and watch the brave ones splashing in glee in the water. Having dealt with extended-family special needs issues, I was very proud to hear they offer a free shuttle to Kaiser and Sutter Roseville Hospitals. They are pet-friendly with a fee. They do offer free internet – wired and wifi.
Other Hotel Chains I Would Stay At If the Need Arose.
The above listed hotels are my faves. But if my house was flooded, I had to move to a hotel and all my favorites were full due to a mega sporting event, I would also feel quite comfortable calling:
- Holiday Inn Express – 1398 East Roseville Parkway, Roseville California 95661 – 877-859-5095 One of my favorite chains – I LOVE it when their free breakfast is the biscuits and gravy. My fave! They also have an outdoor pool and free internet.
- Springfield Suites by Marriott – 10593 Fairway Drive Roseville California 95678, 916-782-2989 They offer a hot breakfast, free internet, indoor swimming pool, and fitness room. They are near Chili’s and Johnny Garlics and less than a mile from Chevy’s and Lucille’s Smokehouse Bar-B-Que – all tasty treats.
- The Hyatt Place Sacramento/Roseville, 220 Conference Center Drive, Roseville, California, USA, 95678, 916-781-6400. This lovely hotel is located right down the street from my Keller Williams Realty office off Gibson and walking distance to the Westfield Galleria Roseville as well as the Fountains in Roseville. Not to mention Mimi’s Cafe, Chipotle’s, and Olive Garden – right across the street from the Galleria Mall. They are currently doing renovations which I’ve been watching and wondering about. I really appreciated that they explain it all on their site – unlike a couple of hotels I’ve stayed at in the past where you show up and find out they are doing renovations and everything is closed! Their site reports that “Hyatt Place Sacramento/Roseville will be undergoing guest room renovations through September 30, 2015. During this time the hotel will continue to provide all of the same great Hyatt Place services you have come to enjoy such as the complimentary A.M. Kitchen Skillet hot breakfast, 24/7 Gallery Menu and 24-hour Fitness Center. The outdoor swimming pool and spa will be closed until May 30, 2015. Renovation activity will take place Monday – Friday between 9:00am – 6:00pm…During your stay, you’ll be able to enjoy our plush Hyatt Grand Bed, complimentary breakfast with hot and cold options, free Wi-Fi and remote printing, a year-round heated pool, and late checkout times.”
- Hilton Garden Inn Roseville, 1951 Taylor Road, Roseville, California, 95661, 916-773-7171. Here you’ll find free internet, 24-hour fitness center and outdoor pool, and a secure remote printing system.
- Larkspur Landing in Roseville CA is at 1931 Taylor Road, Roseville, CA 95661, 916-773-1717 and is an all-suite hotel. It’s right across the street from Tahoe Joe’s on one side and Roseville Golfland and Sunsplash on another side. They provide a free continental breakfast, are dog-friendly with fee, have a spa and gym, and give you cookies at night – yummy. Like the Candlewood Suites, which we love but sadly don’t have in this area, they have a Larkspur Library featuring free DVD’s, books and games for use during your stay. And yes, they offer free internet – wired and wireless.
- Courtyard Roseville at 1920 Taylor Road Roseville California 95661, 916-772-5555. We’ve stayed at various Courtyards in other locales and always enjoyed the stay. This newly remodeled Courtyard provides free internet, breakfast for $10, an indoor pool and a fitness center. You’re less than 1/2 mile from Tahoe Joe’s, Islands, Brookfields, and the always popular In N Out.
- Courtyard Roseville, this one is at 301 Creekside Ridge Court Roseville California 95678 USA 916-772-3404. It too has free internet, an indoor pool, a fitness center and breakfast for $10. Starbucks, Mimi’s and On the Border are all nearby.
- Fairfield Inn Roseville – 1910 Taylor Road Roseville California 95661 with free internet, free breakfast, swimming pool,
- TownePlace Suites Sacramento Roseville – 10569 Fairway Drive, Roseville California 95678 – 916-782-2232 They provide free internet, free breakfast, a kitchen/kitchenette, an indoor pool and gym, and are pet-friendly.
- Hampton Inn – Right off Douglas and Sunrise at 110 North Sunrise Avenue, Roseville, California, 95661, 916-772-9900 This hotel provides free breakfast, wifi, and gym.
Whether you are relocating in Roseville, CA and on a house-hunting junket in the Placer Sacramento County areas, visiting family and friends – or coordinating a visit from others, or coming to visit for business or a fun sporting event like the Senior Golf Open, it’s great to know there are so many lovely options in Roseville. I love it when everything is near by and we definitely can have that option along with terrific extras like delicious breakfasts and useful internet.
P.S. Do you have a hotel to add to the list? We’d love to hear about it.
P.P.S. Whatever hotel you pick, be sure to ask if it’s near one of the many grand walking trails that weave throughout Roseville. Quite a lovely walk to start or end your day while on your visit. 🙂